On Oct 6, 2010, at 10:44 AM, Amy wrote:

> We are having a problem with a single student whose account was deleted from
> LDAP by Technology, and then had her account re-established.   She has the
> same username and status as she used to have.
>
> She is now unable to login to any of the library resources that use LDAP to
> authenticate patrons.  This includes our catalog & e-resources (through III)
> and a Ruby on Rails group study room web application that uses LDAP
> authentication.
>
> Has anyone had any experiences like this before or any thoughts/speculation
> on how to fix?

It sounds like the two accounts were not the same.  Did they restore the account or create a new one with the same credentials?  It's doubtful that the user name was what is used to authenticate the user to the catalog or other resources, and if the user got a new UID, it might not have been pushed on to the other systems.

r.