On 11/04/2010 04:37 PM, Ken Irwin wrote:
> Can you tell the difference between "no one has read this book" and "this book is not as great"?

Are books that many hate also great? Web pages get
a high "Page rank" because of many links, independent
of whether those links are "likes" or "ridicules".

Talking of citation analysis, has anybody developed an
algorithm for recognizing literary references in plain
text? If I write "to code or not to code", that is
clearly a reference (a link) to Hamlet's monologue,
and should contribute to its Page rank, don't you think?

--
   Lars Aronsson ([log in to unmask])