Hi David,

I have tried several frameworks in the past (and even wrote a
home-grown one, as almost every newcommer...).
The best I can suggest you is the Zend Framework. But it depends on
your needs. If you want, you can use
Drupal as framework as well, because it provides you both the
controller (hooks, APIs), model (database API),
and view (themes/templates) layers.

Király Péter
http://eXtensibleCatalog.org