From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Danielle Plumer
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 11:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Tools for OAI-PMH support?

I coordinate our statewide cultural heritage collections discovery
service, TexasHeritageOnline.org. In the past, we've used a variety of
approaches to interoperability, including Z39.50, SRU, and custom APIs,
but I'm moving more to simple OAI-PMH, because that's what many of the
asset management systems support natively.

Right now I have at least five large collections that are built as MySQL
databases to which I'd like to add OAI-PMH data provider support. The
problem is that many of the tools we've identified, like the OAIBiblio
tool and the Oldenburg tool, use PHP4, and the folks I'm working with
are running PHP5. There's also a need for multi-table support.

Does anybody know of newer tools for OAI data provider support? Good
documentation would be a plus <g>. I do have a small budget this year
for development, so if needed I could contract this out, but I thought
I'd see what's available first.

Danielle Cunniff Plumer, Coordinator
Texas Heritage Online
Texas State Library and Archives Commission
512.463.5852 (phone) / 512.936.2306 (fax)