For those of you that are familiar with the DLF/OCLC Registry of Digital Masters, after discussions with Rachel Frick, we are reviewing the status of the Registry: how it has been implemented and its future.

Is there need to aggregate this kind of collection and/or metadata;  is it still useful for discovery of preservation digital materials; is there value in continuing the Registry; is it the right venue to provide this information; does it fit into institutional workflows?  Please send any comments or questions to me at the address below or to the list.

Currently, there are 3.9 million bibliographic records in the Registry.  If you are interested in searching the Registry, it's available at http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/collections/reg/OCLCservice, or for more information, see http://www.diglib.org/collections/reg/reg.htm for general information and http://www.diglib.org/collections/reg/DigRegGuide200705.htm for the current Registry guidelines.

Susan Westberg

Product Analyst

OCLC

MC 139