So somebody actually attempts to answer your question:

Some O'Reilly books that would probably be a good fit for the conference:

Search/Library related -
Ambient findability
Information Architecture for the World Wide Web Information
Architecture for the World Wide Web
Search Patterns

Conference/culture related -
Confessions of a Public Speaker
Hackers & Painters
Beautiful Code

Just plain fun -
A stack o' Make magazines?

I picked these somewhat from memory and somewhat from using my wand of
serendipity.  If more suggestions are needed, I can probably put more
actual thought into it ;).

Jon Gorman