From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nathan Tallman
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 2:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] HTML Load Time

Hi Cod4Libers,

I've got a LARGE finding aid that was generated from EAD.  It's over 5 MB
and has caused even Notepad++ and Dreamweaver to crash.  My main concern is
client-side load time.  The collection is our most heavily used and the
finding aid will see a lot of traffic.  I'm fairly adept with HTML, but I
can't think of anything.  Does anyone have any tricks or tips to decrease
the load time?  The finding aid can be viewed at <
http://www.americanjewisharchives.com/aja/FindingAids/ms0361.html>.

Thanks,
Nathan Tallman
Associate Archivist