On Dec 17, 2010, at 9:28 AM, Eric Lease Morgan wrote:

> Does anybody here know how Archivematica is similar & different from Fedora? For example, to what degree could Fedora be used as a component of Archivematica?

I'll answer my own question, "Very little."

Archivematica [1] is distributed as a virtual software appliance, and Fedora is not a part of the distribution. Archivematica seems to use the local file system for storage and a host of other pieces of software to manage metadata and processes. Interesting!

[1] Archivematica - http://archivematica.org

--
Eric Morgan
University of Notre Dame