THATCamp Southeast (http://southeast2011.thatcamp.org/) is a free
“unconference” for anyone working at the intersection of the humanities and
technology. It will be held at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, on
March 4-6, 2011.

We’re currently accepting applications from students, faculty, librarians,
technologists, museum professionals, archivists, and anyone else who is
interested in the digital (and the) humanities. We’d appreciate it if you’d
pass this message on, and post the attached flyer if you can.

Because THATCamp is an “unconference,” our participants will determine the
ground we cover. Depending on your interests, we may hold sessions on issues
in digital scholarship, pedagogy, curation, software demos, or training
sessions. In other words, you won’t present formal talks, papers, or panels.
Instead, you’ll share your ideas for potential THATCamp sessions prior to
the Camp. At the start of the event, we’ll collectively agree on which
conversations will take place.

Our event also includes a one-day “BootCamp”: a series of hands-on workshops
to help get digital novices up to speed. So don’t be intimidated if you’re
new to digital humanities!

The brief application is available at
http://southeast2011.thatcamp.org/apply-to-attend. The deadline is January
9, 2011.

Please email [log in to unmask] with any questions, and don’t
forget to follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/THATCamp_SE). We look
forward to hearing from you!

--

Susan Wells Parham