Hi, Michelle,

Can we talk soon about Michigan's participation (with the purpose of improving it)?

Thanks,

Paul

On Dec 17, 2010, at 8:57 AM, Gallinger, Michelle wrote:

Dear Members,

In this busy time of year, the Alliance remains active and focused.

Working Group Update:
The working group co-chairs for each of the five working groups (Content, Infrastructure, Innovation, Outreach, and Standards) presented the statement of purpose and work plan developed using the www.ndsa.ideascale.com<http://www.ndsa.ideascale.com> comments, conference calls, and email exchanges. Each group highlighted goals for the coming year – and the work ahead is bold and exciting.

Wiki:
At the request of some of the working group members, we have launched an NDSA wiki. Over the next few days, we’ll be making accounts for all members. You'll get your login and password sent to via email. The wiki can be found here: http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php

Alliance Structure Update:
The member organizations that volunteered to develop the organizational structure of the Alliance for the first three years met this week. The group worked on a mission statement, values statement, and action statement; membership issues; and a set of bylaws-lite. It was a focused and productive meeting and I look forward to sharing the notes and products from it with you all in January.

When the materials from this meeting are circulated, I very much hope that you all will contribute to making the documents reflect our mutual goals for the NDSA by sending in your comments and suggestions.

Warm wishes for a great holiday season and a wonderful New Year.
Let’s go forth and preserve!

Best regards,

Michelle

Michelle Gallinger
Digital Programs Coordinator
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave. SE
Washington, DC 20007
202-707-1619

Paul N. Courant
University Librarian and Dean of Libraries
Harold T. Shapiro Collegiate Professor of Public Policy
Arthur F. Thurnau Professor of Economics and of Information
The University of Michigan
734-764-9356