Hi everyone,

Are you coming to c4l this year? Will this be your first time at the
conference? Or are you a c4l veteran looking to corrupt some newbies? Come
one, come all to the Newcomer Dinner on Monday, February 7th. Join fellow
c4l newbies and veterans for an evening of food, socializing, and
stimulating discussions about the many uses of dongles.

The sign up page is at
http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/C4L2011_social_activities#Newcomer_Dinner.
There are a ton of restaurants to choose from, so there should be plenty of
options to go around. Here are the guidelines (also listed on the wiki):

   - Max of *6* per location
      - Please, no waitlisting :(
   - ID yourselves so we can get a good mix of new people and veterans in
   each group
      - New folks - n
      - c4l vets - v
   - One leader needed for each location (declare yourself! - *Vets are
   highly encouraged to lead the group :)*)
      - Leader duties
         - Make reservations if required; otherwise make sure that the
         restaurant can handle a group of 6 rowdy library coders
         - Herd folks from hotel to restaurant (know where you're going!)

Last year we designated the hotel lobby as a gathering place for groups
before heading over to restaurants, and it got a little chaotic. In the end,
it's up to the group leader to decide and inform where the group's going to
meet.

Go forth and sign up! Let me know if you have any questions and I'll see you
all soon. :c)

Thanks,
Becky

----