Have you looked at libraryh3lp?  The reporting is simple, but it might give
you what you need?
http://libraryh3lp.com/
http://libraryh3lp.com/docs/

fwiw, I haven't played around with it, so I don't know how much effort it
would take, but I'd think you could pull some stats from the pidgin chat
logs....

Rebecca J. Holz,
Information Architecture Librarian
Ebling Library for the Health Sciences
Health Sciences Learning Center, Rm. 2375
750 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53705-2221
phone: 608.262.2376
fax: 608.262.4732