I've been following Mozilla Drumbeat's open education project "Peer 2
Peer University" for several months, and was fortunate enough to take
a class from their School of Webcraft in their inaugural session this
past fall.

But the next round of School of Webcraft classes is opening up around
Jan. 8, and classes cover topics like PHP, Ruby on Rails, and lots of
other relevant things (with a lot of good stuff for new peeps like
me), and I thought it might be something code4libbers might be
interested in.  I think the courses are going to be pretty popular, so
if you're interested, be sure to be ready on the day registration
opens. :)

http://p2pu.org/webcraft

(and i searched the archives and didn't find anything on P2PU, but if
this is old news, apologies and disregard!)

Happy New Year,
Amy