As far as I can tell, while there are several, there are none that are
actually Just Work good.  It seems to be an area still in flux, people
coming up with an open source way to do that that is reliable and easy
to use and just works.

The main division in current approaches seems to be between: 1) Trying
to automate _actual browsers_ so you know you've tested it in the real
browsers you care about (the headaches of this are obvious, but people
are doing it!), and 2) Using a headless javascript browser that can be
run right on the server, to test general javascriptyness but without
testing idiosyncracies of particular browsers (I would lean towards this
one myself, I'm willing to give up what it gives up for something that
works a lot simpler with less headaches).

Jonathan