Kyle, I like your approach, just not sure how best to make it happen.

What I dislike about purls (of all brands) is that they hide from you
some key information -- mainly, who is the maintainer of the URL. When
I see http://id.loc.gov/.... I know that I'm looking at an ID
maintained by LoC, and therefore I assign it a certain level of trust.
When I see http://purl.org/... I don't know who I am really dealing
with.

I know that Kunze had a solution for this in his Ark spec, but it
unfortunately isn't used. (There is a way to query the URI/URL for
information about the minter/maintainer.)

kc

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net