On 1/18/2011 9:05 AM, Richard, Joel M wrote:

>> Our central wireless group has recommended that if everyone has an 802.11n card (5Ghz radio spectrum) in their device that they will likely have a much better experience for connectivity – it does not mean that you have to have one it will just be better download speeds etc.

There is ABSOLUTELY no way to guarantee that 100% of 200 conference
attendees will have 802.11n cards in their devices.

I suspect the vast majority of us will bring the devices we have, and
not upgrade our devices just for the conf.

I would suggest you make sure IT is assuming that NOT "everyone" will
have 802.11n -- there's no way that's going to happen.

Jonathan