Sweet, if you have an automated process that produces these reliably, or once you do, please let us know on the Journal list, and we'll see if we can integrate it into our regular production process and provide links to epubs from the journal home pages.
From: Code for Libraries [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Louis St-Amour [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2011 5:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] An alternate presentation of Code4Lib Journal

Sorry to deprive you of the challenge Greg, but I've made epub versions
(automatically) of issues 1 through 12. Right after epub was first
mentioned, I starting considering how I'd go about converting the site to an
epub package. Of course the holidays intervened, but given it's Jan 2, I put
some spare time towards it et voila!

Download a first draft of the journal in epub here:
https://github.com/LouisStAmour/journal2epub/downloads

Site maintainers may be interested in the error logs. Look for lines saying
"referenced resource missing in package". Sometimes it's my fault (e.g. an
absolute image reference I missed in 3.epub) and sometimes it's a typo (e.g.
a link to drupal.org that actually points to <a href= in an issue 12
reference). Before posting these epub files live on the site, we should run
through the logs to fix things, perhaps hand-tweak and recompile the HTML as
epub, make sure images are sized correctly on non-iBooks readers (e.g. my
Sony Reader), perhaps add cover art, copyright & table of contents with
abstracts.

Source code is mostly one file (it hasn't been refactored), under MIT
license (from Expat):
https://github.com/LouisStAmour/journal2epub/blob/master/journal2epub.rb

Louis St-Amour
York University Digital Media BA student & Osgoode Hall Law School student
webmonkey
http://www.lsta.me/ or on Twitter, @4Lou