Hello Infrastructure working group,

We had a productive call on Tues.  Full call meeting notes to follow and posted on wiki page.  But in the meantime in summary.....

We decided the third Tues of every month at 11:00 EST was good for the group.  If a number of you have conflicts at that time (and therefore could not be on the call) let me know and we will pick a time each month.  However, for the next call we should plan for Feb 15 at 11:00 EST unless it needs to be shifted for the first speaker.

Leslie and Michelle gave an update of the NDSA organizing meeting in Dec.  Notes from the meeting can be found here:
http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Organizing_Workshop_Notes

We all thought the wiki was a good working space to get us started.  We began a discussion about our first topic on practices in the use of large-scale storage and cloud infrastructures.  Our work plan was to identify experts in these areas, and have them talk to the group on our conference call so we can begin to identify resources and recommendations for best practice.  We identified a number of cloud solutions that we thought were representative of different issues we should investigate.  People volunteered to find speakers from those organizations to talk with us.  We also developed some standard questions to pose to the speakers.

While we were on the call, Trevor Owens was kind enough to start a wiki page to coordinate contacting, scheduling, and questions for presenters.  It can be found here:

http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Cloud_Presentations

Please feel free to jump in and add more people/projects that we should contact and who will volunteer to contact them.  I will coordinate the scheduling of the calls with speakers so let me know if the  3rd Tues at 11:00  doesn't work for the speaker you are contacting.  Webx presentations are welcome.

Karen