Hi,
Is anyone using warehouse/stock/inventory management software in addition to
their ILS to manage the physical location, movement, growth of their
material?

We have various onsite and offsite, closed-access shelving areas & we are in
the process of reorganising. The team managing this reorganisation would
like to be able to link items in a granular way to physical location (bays,
shelves etc) & to do things like relate material to the schematic drawings
of the shelving locations, print labels for shelves, etc.

We have lots of different, non-dewey, call-number sequences, which makes it
difficult to derive location information by call-number. Item records in our
ILS have location information but it is at a pretty high level (e.g. Main
Building). This could be made more granular, but the ILS seems to be geared
more towards stack request and circulation rather than the stock-management
features that are being looked for. We don't have RFID at present.

Any thoughts/pointers much appreciated.

Thanks,
Eoghan