http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

"Project Gutenberg is the place where you can download over 33,000
free ebooks to read on your PC, iPad, Kindle, Sony Reader, iPhone,
Android or other portable device. "

"Over 100,000 free ebooks are available through our Partners,
Affiliates and Resources. "

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Gutenberg:Partners%2C_Affiliates_and_Resources

-Ross.