That is (still) incorrect.

A single schema may contain multiple namespaces, and there isn't a
unique identifier for a schema.  For example, any simple Dublin Core
based syntax must have at least two Namespaces, Dublin Core and the
wrapper element. SchemaLocation is not unique as there can be many
copies of the same schema.  A single schema may define multiple root
elements, such as MODS does with both item and collection level
elements.

Referring to your blog post, you can say how the four inter-relate:

Schema Identifier uniquely identifies the format.
Schema Location is a non-unique description of the format.
Schema Name is a short, human readable, non-unique name for the format
and Namespace is a non-unique namespace used by the format.

This is just a rehash of a previous discussion on this list, between us:

http:[log in to unmask]

So I guess I'm wasting my time ;)

Rob Sanderson