Hey Folks,

It is getting close to that time to start planning for another Code4Lib North meetup! In anticipation, John Fink and I have been working behind the scenes here at McMaster to convince our administration to allow us to throw in proposal to host it. We have tentatively booked up our Lyons New Media Centre for a half day on May 5, 2011 and the full day on May 6, 2011 or a half day on May 12, 2011 and the full day on May 13, 2011 - both a Thursday and Friday respectively. We can handle up to 50 participates and keeping with the precedent graciously set last year by Wendy Huot & Queen's University, the university has agreed to handle lunch for the full day, and coffee/tea for a few times on the full day.

When
 - May 5/6, 2011 or May 12/13, 2011

Where
 - Hamilton, Ontario - McMaster University - Lyons New Media Centre

Format
- Half day: Hackfest (I can book a full day hackfest if there is a call for it. We will just have to figure out lunch for that day on our own.)
- Full day: 20-minutes talks, 5-minute lightning talks, BOAF sessions

Let us know what you think.

cheers!

Nick Ruest
Digital Strategies Librarian
Vice President - McMaster University Academic Librarians Association

McMaster University
Mills Memorial Library
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, ON L8S 4L6
Phone: 905.525.9140 ext. 21276
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://library.mcmaster.ca/contact/ruest-nicholas
http://ruebot.net/

"Revolution is not something fixed in ideology, nor is it something fashioned to a particular decade.  It is a personal process embedded in the human spirit." - Abbie Hoffman