A comment on my blog from "Graham", after I pointed out that my discussion of Koha using AGPL was moot:

Well, it's not entirely moot as you're referring to this article to scare people on the Code4Lib list off using the AGPL. I understand that you don't like the AGPL, but the argument you're making against it seems very unclear: as far as I can make out here the argument is that you think it may not be allowed to relicense GPLed code under the AGPL (though I don't see why it should not be if the contributors consent). The argument you're using elsewhere is that the license attached to some library providers APIs would prevent you from accessing the API via AGPLed software. If that's really true please lets name and shame them.

If list members would like to "name and shame" GPL incompatible interfaces that they're stuck working with, have at it. If I'm mistaken and there are none left, then I'd like to know it.

Eric Hellman
President, Gluejar, Inc.
41 Watchung Plaza, #132
Montclair, NJ 07042