From: Code for Libraries on behalf of Eric Lease Morgan
Sent: Fri 2/18/2011 10:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] exporting marc records from iii

How does a person go about exporting MARC records from a III system?

As you may or may not know, I spend a lot of my time developing a thing colloquially called  the "Catholic Portal". It uses VUFind under the hood, and it requires me to ingest bibliographic data from a myriad of libraries.

Suppose the records I desire have the letters "crra" saved in MARC field 590$a. What is the process for connecting a III system, searching for "crra" in 590$a, and saving the result as a file of MARC records? Is there some sort of documentation I can read that will help me out in this regard?

--
Eric Lease Morgan