------ Forwarded Message
From: Kate Murray1 <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Reply-To: Federal Agencies Audio-Visual Digitization Working Group <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 12:15:26 -0500
To: <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Subject: NARA position available: IT Specialist
The Special Media Preservation Division at NARA has a current opening for an IT Specialist. The general duties are:
- Providing network services including LAN administration, server administration, internet connectivity and support, and desktop support.
- Administering user accounts, network permissions and workstation configurations.
- Monitoring system and network performance, data capacity and system security. Performing data backup and data recovery.
- Providing technical support and guidance to others.
- Ensuring compatibility of operating systems, hardware and application software.
Planning upgrades to existing hardware and software. Planning and designing specifications for the acquisition and implementation of new hardware and software.
- Preparing reports
The closing date is Thursday, February 24, 2011.
Follow this link for more information including application instructions: http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?OPMControl=2176882
Please pass this along to other interested parties but note that this is only open to current Federal employees.
Best from Kate
Digitization Process Development Specialist
Special Media Preservation Division
National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
------ End of Forwarded Message