Matt,
Just wanted to let you know that I'm interested in the same kinds of things you are.   I'd be happy to work with you.

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm still looking around for my wiki password, but hope to get logged on soon!
Meg

Meg Phillips
Electronic Records Lifecycle Coordinator
National Archives and Records Administration
301.837.3111

>>> Matt Schultz <[log in to unmask]> 1/13/2011 9:22 AM >>>
Hi All,

I was really impressed by how swiftly we got down to business yesterday and
formed some action items.

Per our conversation on weighing in with our areas of interest for gathering
standards/best-practices, I just thought I would put my foot forward on
roping in Preservation Models & Evaluation Metrics. This is where my head is
at currently. This would be models like OAIS, PAIMAS, and metrics like the
Digital Preservation Readiness Assessment, TRAC, DRAMBORA, Data Seal of
Approval, etc.

If anyone else is living in this space right now - which wouldn't surprise
me - would be happy to coordinate on making sure we compile as full a record
as possible on each of these. As I mentioned yesterday, I am also interested
in delineating some of the supplemental standards that informed these
"standards/best-practices."

I'll be happy to dive into some other categories with folks as well, and
perhaps I'll suggest some further areas in a forthcoming email. This was
just my low-hanging fruit.

Question: There are several articles that have been published on the
application of these models & metrics in various environments, might it be
worthwhile to carve out a space to be able to identify some of these? This
holds true for many of the other standards that are at various stages of
development and acceptance within the community. Perhaps these would prove
invaluable at our later stages of analysis and reporting? Thoughts?

--
Matt Schultz
Collaborative Services Librarian