Hi,
Not sure if it is exactly what you're looking for but Greg Pendlebury gave
an impressive demo of Anotar [1] at the VuFind seminar last September. The
Anotar site also lists similar software [2].
All the best,
Eoghan
[1] https://fascinator.usq.edu.au/trac/wiki/Annotate
[2] https://fascinator.usq.edu.au/trac/wiki/Annotate/existing