Another possible alternative to Marginalia might be Markup.io:

http://markup.io/

which I'm happy to plug because besides merely being cool, it was made
by some folks that live in my neighborhood.  It may not be exactly
what you're looking for, though, since it's not necessarily
"text-centric".

-Ross.