Hiya,

I'm looking to enrich our local marc records with table of contents
data from Library of Congress, either from the 505 field or from the
table of contents link usually with a url like
catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0613/2002109624-t.html or
catdir.loc.gov/catdir/toc/mh031/2003266620.html.

Writing the script seems straightforward enough, but before I start
sending of lots of requests to loc servers, I poked around for some
terms and conditions of use LOC data, but couldn't find an answer.
While I know I can download individual marc records, can I do the same
in bulk? What about the toc data on those linked pages? And are there
limits to requests per day I can make against the server? I think some
early testing got my IP address blocked from lccn.loc.gov, though that
might have been because of a misplaced open connection command ::hangs
head in  shame::

Thanks
Chad

Chad Nelson
Senior Analyst Programmer (Library)
London Metropolitan University
t: 020 7133 2106
e: [log in to unmask]
Hours: Mon-Thu 8:30a-5:30p; Fri 8:30a-12:30p