On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Mark A. Matienzo <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> You're definitely welcome here, and I don't think Bill's response was

to suggest that you weren't.

Not even a little! :-)

I was mostly responding to a perception that, for many in the code4lib
community, "Central IT" is a bogeyman to be avoided/deferred to at all
costs. Those of us in libraries tend to self-select as the sort of folks
that will find a way to get something done, no matter what. I think the
profession would benefit from more of us saying, "Well, OK. Then that's not
going to get done. Go explain it to the dean."

Kudos to you for doing stuff on your own time (and your own dime, no less).
And please don't let my little rant scare you off. Turning good, wholesome
librarians into...er...whatever it is that most of us here are...is what we
do best :-)

--
Bill Dueber
Library Systems Programmer