Hello, everyone...

The Falvey Library technology development team has just started a new blog for writing brief technical articles about our work here at Villanova.  I plan to contribute VuFind-related posts whenever I encounter a technical problem interesting enough to discuss at length.  Hopefully, in addition to serving as an aid to my memory, this will also prove interesting to some of you!  I have just started the ball rolling with a discussion of the new highlighting and snippet functionality in VuFind 1.1:

http://blog.library.villanova.edu/libtech/

Also, thanks to Jonathan Rochkind, you can also read the blog through the syndication here:

http://planet.code4lib.org/

(I highly recommend Planet Code4lib if you haven't already tried it - lots of interesting stuff shows up there!).

I'm always happy to receive feedback - please let me know if you have comments or questions about the first post or if there are any subjects you would be interested in seeing covered in the blog in the future.

- Demian