On 2011-02-28 17:53, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:
> But I dunno, I guess it could work. Personally I generally don't like
> writing interfaces that _only_ work via javascript, which is what that
> approach would result in. I prefer writing an interface that works with
> plain HTML, with some AJAX on top, but degrading fine if there is no JS.
> But that's not the approach you are talking about taking, and apparently
> you are not alone!

In truth I had AJAX on my brain from another (gracefully degrading) area
of the project, and it was late at night; but upon later brain reboot, I
realized that AJAX is not necessary for what we want to do. And
regarding Mike Taylor's earlier comment about VuFind and Blacklight,
I'll have a look at how much we can peel off of VuFind. I don't think
we're equipped to consider a non-PHP solution at this point.

--
Yitzchak Schaffer
Systems Manager