From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Cindy Harper
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2011 9:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] online course on the semantic web?

The JHU course is a semester-long equivalent, and is in the $3000
range.

Cindy Harper, Systems Librarian
Colgate University Libraries
315-228-7363

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Joe Hourcle
<[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2011, at 3:01 PM, Cindy Harper wrote:
>
> > Well, I just walked my 80-year-old mother through setting up
her
> > wireless router and wireless on her desktop and laptop via
telephone
> > NY-to-VA, and now I feel like I can think about another
challenge
> > for the coming season(s). Does anyone know of a good online
course
> > that's an
> introduction
> > to semantic web technology that they could recommend? My
goals are
> > simply
> > understand more and be able to code a little, and afterward
applying
> > it
> > linked data?  I know of one course this summer at Johns
Hopkins

http://ep.jhu.edu/course-homepages/viewpage.php?homepage_id=2993,

http://asis.org/Conferences/webinars/2011/linked-data.html

> (I can't compare prices to the JHU one, as I didn't see any
pricing on
> the JHU site; this round of ASIS&T webinars are $25 for
members, $59