Apologies for cross-post.

Co-conveners Joanna DiPasquale, Kevin Reiss and Yitzchak Schaffer are
pleased to announce the code4lib-nyc METRO SIG Spring Forum, next
Wednesday, March 16, at METRO (Metropolitan New York Library Council),
57 E. 11th Street, New York.

Please register (it's free) at
http://www.metro.org/en/cev/59

Web frameworks [1] are a great facilitator for building web projects,
allowing the coder to focus on the problem domain by outsourcing common
web processing tasks to the framework, and often steering it into a
standardized architecture (such as MVC).

In the code4lib SIG Spring Forum, we will be introducing the web
framework, and examining symfony (PHP) [2] and Sinatra (Ruby) [3].
symfony is a full-scale MVC framework, while Sinatra is a
micro-framework designed for quickly creating web applications in Ruby
with minimal effort.

After the presentations and Q&A, there will be time available for
lightning talks - you will have the chance to share your framework
experience in a 5-minute session. We will also facilitate a discussion
of Drupal (PHP) [4]. Sharing some of the characteristics of both
frameworks and content management systems (CMS), Drupal has also found
much use in the library world.

See you there! Please register (it's free) at
http://www.metro.org/en/cev/59

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_application_framework
[2] http://www.symfony-project.org/
[3] http://www.sinatrarb.com/