Lehigh is currently using the CrossRef cookie pusher to redirect DOIs to
our OpenURL menu (SFX). We use the methodology as described in the
"Redirect DOI links ('DOInapping')" section of this document:

http://igelu.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/SFX-and-DOI.pdf

We currently have the cookie pusher on our most frequently used access
points to subscription resources: our database/e-journal lists, library
catalog, SFX citation linker, SFX menu itself, etc.

However, we are having some valid complaints from non-Lehigh users, who
have this cookie set for them unintentionally.

One recommendation given in the article cited above, is to includ
opt-out documentation, which we are not currently doing. Does anyone
have an example of what this documentation would look like?

Other options we are considering:
1)Stop cookie pushing entirely
2)Have an explicit link to the cookie pusher page, so users would have
to opt-in to have it set.
3)Limit the display of the cookie-pusher to only users in our IP-Range
and place cookie-pusher on our EZproxy login page for off-campus Lehigh
Users.

Any comments/suggestions for these or other solutions?

Thanks,
Tim

* - credit to Rob Weidman at Lehigh for the original solution, and
investigation to other solutions

--
Tim McGeary
Team Leader, Library Technology