On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 4:31 PM, William Denton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On 1 March 2011, Bobbi Fox wrote:
>
>> I have been tasked with coming up with a RESTful Create, Read, Update
>> [we're not Deleting] API to our home-grown controlled vocabulary database,
>> "WordShack".
>
> I can't help you with your actual question---except to wish you good
> luck---but have you read RESTful WEB SERVICES by Leonard Richardson and Sam
> Ruby (O'Reilly, 2007) (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596529260)?
>
> It's excellent.  You probably already know about it, but if not, it'll be a
> big help.  Not only does it explain about REST, by doing so it explains how
> the web works.  It changed how I think.

That book is O, but I found it too verbose and not very practical.
IMHO, a newer, much more objective and practical approach is
RESTful Web Services Cookbook, published by O'Reilly in 2009.

RESTful Web Services Cookbook - Solutions for Improving Scalability
and Simplicity By Subbu Allamaraju
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596801694

--
Luciano Ramalho
programador repentista || stand-up programmer