Hi Jody,

Thanks for sending along this information about Cabaniss. I'd be
curious to hear how your per-page costs compare with other projects,
such as Oregon State [1] (which I just wandered across in Google).

The notes from your project wiki [2] are really interesting. In
particular the details about linking from the EAD documents to the
item views using the PURLs struck my eye [3]. Did you have a PURL
server already set up at your institution, or is this something you
did as part of this project? Was there a real advantage to doing that
instead of thoughtfully managing a URL namespace with Cool URLs [4]. I
know I'm biased, but it sure was nice to see URLs in use instead of
Handles :-)

I haven't done EAD work in a while, and was wondering what the ns2
namespace is in the linking example on the wiki, e.g.

<dao id="u0003_0000252_0000002" ns2:title="u0003_0000252_0000002"
ns2:href="http://purl.lib.ua.edu/148" ns2:actuate="onRequest"
ns2:show="new"/>

Last of all I was curious about the EAD viewing software you are
developing to stand in for Acumen. Is this work still underway?

Sorry for all the questions. I guess that's what you get for doing
interesting stuff :-)

//Ed

[1] http://wiki.library.oregonstate.edu/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=19327
[2] http://www.lib.ua.edu/wiki/digcoll/