Godmar,
I'm surprised you're asking this. Most of the questions you want
answered could be answered by a basic programming construct: an
if-then-else statement and a simple decision about what you want to
use in your specific application (for example, do you prefer "text"
with the period, or not?). About the only question that such a
solution wouldn't deal with is "which fields are derived from which
others", which strikes me as superfluous to your application if you
know a hierarchy of preference. But perhaps I'm missing something
here.
Roy