Of
> Jonathan Rochkind
>
> [I agree that simply copying the Solr API for a standard like SRU is
not
> the way to go -- Solr is an application that supports various
low-level
> things that are not appropriate in that level of detail for a standard
> like SRU or what have you, at least not until they've been shown to be
> needed.]

Sadly, the use case for me was a group of SOLR developers who wanted an
SRU interface and claimed to want SOLR facets exposed.  Now, if as I
suspect, SOLR facets are overengineered and have features that have not
been shown to be needed, then I've overengineered too.  But I don't feel
like I can impose an extreme programming attitude to their requirement
and make them justify each SOLR feature.

Ralph