We're also using MRBS with a customized front end and an integration with a Library Hours service that I developed.  With the library hours integration we can prevent people from scheduling an event in a room when the library itself is closed.  There is also development underway on an Events aggregator service that I developed that would sit on top of MRBS so that Events scheduled in these rooms can be aggregated with events from the Campus events system and workshops created using our Evanced site.

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alfredo Lafarga
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 4:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Online Room Reservation System

Hello Rosalyn,

Our Library just went live with an implementation of MRBS < http://mrbs.sourceforge.net/>.  Check it out here:

https://phpapps.csupomona.edu/librooms/

If you do a search on Google, you'll see that a lot of libraries are using this free software.   If you are or have a PHP programmer, that will be even better because you'll be able to customize it.  MRBS also has a fairly active listserv group with the two primary programmers responding to questions regularly.

Good luck,

Alfredo Lafarga
Information Technology Consultant
Cal Poly Pomona University Library