From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Cindy Harper
Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2011 12:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] online course on the semantic web?

Now that I think about it, this may be an opportunity to apply another
idea
that I was exploring in another context:  I had written to syslib-l
looking
for anyone interested in collaborating on a staff technology training
wiki
that would link staff to free and authoritative web-based resources on a
range of technology training subjects.  Would anyone be interested in
applying that idea to code4lib technology learning?  How much effort
would
be required for someone who's well acquainted with the Semantic Web to
contribute to a site that lists texts or curriculum for those who are
interested in learning? I don't know if this is doable. Anyone
interested?
Or should I just find myself a text and wade through it?

Cindy Harper, Systems Librarian
Colgate University Libraries
315-228-7363

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Cindy Harper <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Well, I just walked my 80-year-old mother through setting up her
wireless
> router and wireless on her desktop and laptop via telephone NY-to-VA,
and
> now I feel like I can think about another challenge for the coming
> season(s). Does anyone know of a good online course that's an
introduction
> to semantic web technology that they could recommend? My goals are
simply to
> understand more and be able to code a little, and afterward applying
it to
> linked data?  I know of one course this summer at Johns Hopkins
Engineering