From: Code for Libraries [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Edward M. Corrado [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Simple Web-based Dublin Core search engine?

Hi,

I [will soon] have a small set (< 1000 records) of Dublin Core
metadata published in OAI_DC format that I want to be searchable via a
Web browser.  Normally we would use Ex Libris's Primo for this, but
this particular set of data may have some confidential information and
our repository only has minimal built in search functions. While we
still may go with Primo for these records, I am looking for at other
possibilities. The requirements as I see them are:

1) Can ingest records in OAI_DC format
2) Allow remote end-users who are familiar with the collection search
these ingest records via a Web browser.
3)Search should be keyword anywhere or individual fields although it
does not need to have every whizzbang feature out there. In other
words, basic search feature are fine.
4) Should support the ability to link to the display copy in our
repository (probably goes without saying)
5) Should be simple to install and maintain (Thus, at least in my
mind, eliminating something like Blacklight)
6) Preferably a LAMP application although a Windows server based
solution is a possibility as well
7) Preferably Open Source, or at least no- or low-cost

I haven't been able to find anything searching the Web, but it seems
like something people may have done before. Before I re-invent the
wheel or shoe-horn something together, does anyone have any
suggestions?

Edward