If you're still searching for host recommendations, Cindy, I can
recommend A Small Orange. I've been a customer over several accounts
for about five years and have been very satisfied. They've been
willing to install all sorts of things for me on shared servers, and
have done so remarkably quickly.

Can only second Ross's comments on a VPS. One of the accounts with ASO
that I set up is a VPS, and while for the purpose we needed a host it
was the only realistic option, the overhead to keep it safe and
functional is not trivial, at all.

Dale

--
Dale Askey
Associate University Librarian, Library and Learning Technologies