On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Cindy Harper <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Maybe I shouldn't be trolling code4lib for my personal interests

No, you definitely should be!

> My college is not enthused about
> librarians creating code or platforms that the college becomes responsible
> for maintaining - we're very abstemious in that regard.  So I'm seeing how I
> can do this personally spending my personal cash without burdening my
> college.  Sorry to bother you all with it.  Everyone's happy family is
> different, to hash a quote, but I hope I'm still welcome in Code4Lib, even
> if I'm not hired to be a library coder.

You're definitely welcome here, and I don't think Bill's response was
to suggest that you weren't. We didn't know the circumstances, and we
just wanted to make sure we understood why you wanted to do this.
Learning through doing is fine.

That said, I recommend any of the options - as for learning, I'd say a
virtualized "slice" server can't be beat.

Mark A. Matienzo
Digital Archivist, Manuscripts and Archives
Yale University Library