Yeah - I just found out about the Save As trick from another list. In
Acrobat 9, which is what I'm using, it doesn't render much better than Word
Perfect (both have formatting issues, but they're different).  But I also
just learned from another post that Acrobat X does the job beautifully.

Re: Digital Asset Management, Yeah, I have a lot of ground to (re)cover and
post on, especially before I lose my audience of one! ;-) At least it's back
on the (current) project list. :-)

Thanks,
Carol

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Nathan Tallman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> This may only be available in Acrobat and not Reader, but I can choose File
> --> Save As and choose to save the PDF as a Word .doc file. Results are
> usually okay, but the formating is done with text boxes instead of the
> normal way.
>
> Off topic: How's your Digital Asset Management software comparison going? I
> always check your blog periodically for an update!
>
> Nathan Tallman
>
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Carol Bean <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > I have WordPerfect X4, which does a questionable job of (natively)
> > converting pdf's, and from which one could then copy and paste the
> > questionable results into a Word document.
> >
> > Has anyone been down this road before (trying to find something better
> than
> > what WordPerfect does, and that works directly with Word)?  Or maybe
> > someone
> > can offer words of advice (or condolences...)?
> >
> > I am aware of these, but haven't tested any of them (recommendations or
> > pans
> > welcome):
> > http://www.investintech.com/
> > http://www.hellopdf.com/