Thanks Ross - I have been pushing some cataloguing folk to comment on some
of this as well (and have some feedback) - but I take the point that wider
consultation via autocat could be a good idea. (for some reason this makes
me slightly nervous!)s

In terms of whether Education--England--Finance is authorised or not - I
think I took from Andy's response that it wasn't, but also looking at it on
authorities.loc.gov it isn't marked as 'authorised'. Anyway - the relevant
thing for me at this stage is that I won't find a match via id.loc.gov - so
I can't get a URI for it anyway.

There are clearly quite a few issues with interacting with LCSH as Linked
Data at the moment - I'm not that keen on how this currently works, and my
reaction to the MADS/RDF ontology is similar to that of Bruce D'Arcus (see
http://metadata.posterous.com/lcs-madsrdf-ontology-and-the-future-of-the-se),
but on the otherhand I want to embrace the opportunity to start joining some
stuff up and seeing what happens :)

Owen

--
Owen Stephens