For those who have not already installed the dependencies and would like to
explore this version, I've put RC1 on an EC2 image in the east ami-32c13c5b
islandora-orbiscas-ubuntu32-lucid-2011-04-02 (I recommend searching by name
rather than AMI as my intent is to only keep the latest version as I update
it). Root password is "islandora" and a README file in root's home explains
the instance.

As I am new to islandora myself and haven't had a chance to do much testing,
I can't guarantee that I did things right. However, what little I have been
able to check seems OK and the components seem to be working together so
it's probably not horrible for poking around purposes. If you try this and
encounter problems, naturally I would be glad to know.

kyle

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Kirsta Stapelfeldt <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> The Islandora project announces an RC1 candidate for our Q1 2011 release.
> We
> invite the community to download and help us test this candidate in
> anticipation of our full release.
>
> Highlights: RC1 introduces a new solution pack architecture, which allows
> for simplified content model installation. We have also added a tabs-based
> UI for content models.
>
> If you are upgrading from previous Islandora modules you *must* run
> update.php in order to use this new release candidate.
>
> Download the distribution from here:
> https://github.com/islandora/islandora-dist or from
> http://islandora.ca/download
>
> List of commits to master:
> https://github.com/Islandora/islandora/commits/master
>
> List of resolved issues is available here:
> https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/ISLANDORA/fixforversion/10350
>
> Documentation available here:
> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/ISLANDORA/Islandora
>
> Feedback on the release can be submitted at http://islandora.ca/contact.
>  We
> are looking for members of the community willing to submit issues directly
> to our JIRA ticketing system. If you are willing to provide feedback to the
> project, please create an account at
> https://jira.duraspace.org/secure/Signup!default.jspa and send your
> username
> to [log in to unmask]