Eric, thanks-

I was actually going to post something to the drupal4lib list later today.

I intend to start developing this (I don't yet have permission from my
library, but I expect it'll be ok) and would love to do the development
simultaneously with folks at other libraries who are interested in pursuing
the idea.  I think there's value in it.

I was going to get started in Drupal 7 and was likely going to try using
something like jQuery Mobile in the theme since it'd provide some nice page
turning effects and great cross-device display, etc...
I won't get too specific now, again, I was going to move the conversation to
Druapl4lib.
But I'd love to hear from anyone interested in joining the effort who would
help steer the construction of a theme in the most logical direction...

Nate

--
Nate Hill
http://www.natehill.net