For FAST, see Chan and O'Neill (2010).  There are large parts of FAST where
the editors wisely opted to  punt on the more intractable parts.

Simon

Chan, Lois Mai and O'Neill, Ed (2010). FAST, Faceted Application of Subject
Terminology: Principles and Application. Libraries Unlimited. ISBN:
9781591587224