I don't actually know why, but I can imagine a plausible answer: the
MARC record does not distinguish between contributors and creators
sufficiently well to separate out the x00 fields between them. Either
everyone is a creator, or everyone is a contributor, or the main entry
(100) is treated as a creator and everyone else a contributor.
Whichever it is, some portion of the mapping will be wrong. What would
be interesting would be a study that would show the relative ratios of
right to wrong in the three (or more?) scenarios.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net